Find out about our location and transport details to make getting to school safe and easy.
Our school is located at:
25 Wentworth Street
The Ponds NSW 2769
Getting to and from school safely
As a parent or carer, it’s your responsibility to get your child to and from school safely. Student safety is our priority.
Keep our school community safe by:
- driving and parking safely, even if it means parking further away and walking the rest of the way to school
- being a good role model
- never calling your child from across the road
- using the safest place to cross the road.
For parents and carers of younger children
Discuss with your child how to be safe when:
- in the car
- waiting for, travelling on, and getting off the bus
- riding bikes, scooters and skateboards.
Also talk about and practise:
- safe travel routes
- plans for when unexpected things happen
- what to do in wet weather.
Riding to school
Riding to school is permissible for students in Years 3 to 6. Parents should be confident that their child is capable of handling their bicycle or scooter on roads and that they are aware of the road rules. Students in Kindergarten to Year 2 are only permitted to ride to school if they are accompanied by an adult. Students riding to school:
- must not ride their bike or scooter in the school grounds. Students need to walk with their bike or scooter until they are beyond the schools boundaries and are not likely to collide with pedestrians.
- must wear an approved safety helmet.
- should have a lock and chain to secure their bike or scooter.
- must store their bike or scooter in the designated rack.
- should use a roadworthy bike or scooter and obey the road rules. If students fail to observe these conditions, parents or carers will be contacted with a view to withdrawing the right to ride to and from school.
The school accepts no responsibility for the loss or theft of bikes, scooters or helmets.
Subsidised school travel
Transport for NSW provides subsidies to assist school students.
- The School Student Transport Scheme provides eligible students with free or subsidised travel on public transport between home and school.
- The School Drive Subsidy may help towards the costs of driving children to school if you live in an area where there is no public transport.