Riverbank Public School logo

Riverbank Public School

Riverbank Public School

Learning to live - living to learn

Telephone02 9626 7511



Important Enrolment Information

During the enrolment process, please let the Principal know of any special circumstances, additional learning needs, health or medical conditions affecting your child. Due to the continued and sustained growth in new housing within Riverbank Public School’s intake area, the catchment has been adjusted. If your child is already enrolled as a local student based on a previous intake area, they do not have to change schools. You have the choice to keep them at their existing school or move them to the school you are now allocated to.

If you relocate outside the Riverbank Public School catchment, unfortunately we are unable to enrol younger siblings.


Temporary Resident Visa

Under the Department of Education’s Enrolment of Students in NSW Government Schools policy, all government schools in NSW have a designated local enrolment area with a pre-determined geographical boundary. Students who live within this boundary are entitled to be enrolled at the school. However, International students and students who are temporary residents are not assured enrolment at the school aligned to their home residence and will only be accepted if the school can accommodate the enrolment. This ensures that there are enough places for students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents who reside in their local enrolment area.

Riverbank Public School is unable to accept international students or temporary residents as we are above our enrolment capacity.



Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

How to enrol - Year 6 into Year 7

If you have received an offer for placement into Year 7 next year and submitted your expression of interest online, visit the online enrolment sign in page to accept this offer and progress your application to enrol.

If you did not submit your expression of interest online, are not eligible or would prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form.

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email document.authentication@det.nsw.edu.au to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.